Monday, November 16, 2009

The Vortex


This was shot at Leadbetter Point in Santa Barbara, CA. I have been shooting at this particular spot for a little over two years now and have built up quite a few shots of various long exposure wave shots. This was shot looking west out towards San Miguel island. I got there around 8:30am which is quite late compared to my normal shooting time here which is around 4am. I had just purchased a 3 stop ND filter which I thought might be sufficient to allow me to shoot long exposures in daylight. In order to get this shot I had to stack my circular polarizer on top of the ND filter. I had a very short window of time to capture anything in the 1.5 to 3 second range which is what I find most complimentary of this spot as it shows some of the wave action instead of just having a more flat serene look that is gained from the longer exposures.

No comments:

Post a Comment